A joint venture by Yarra Foundation and Mehrgiti N.G.O.
The current campaign aims to collect and refresh your used laptop and tablet computers here in Australia and send them to overseas disadvantaged students. We can also accept your kind cash donations towards covering the cost of transporting these devices or will be used to purchase further devices if these costs are fully covered.
Although life is going back to normal in some parts of the world, the Covid-19 pandemic is only escalating in some other parts. Virtual education remains the only way to access education for many children and the inadequate supply of electronic devices puts them behind their classmates. The current campaign aims to collect and refresh your used laptop and tablet computers here in Australia and send them to these disadvantaged students overseas. We can also accept your kind cash donations towards covering the cost of transporting these devices or will be used to purchase further devices if these costs are fully covered.
The campaign entails two parallel missions:
1. Collecting used laptop and tablet computers in Australia
- If you are willing to donate a laptop or tablet computer that you don't use much, please fill out this form or give us a call on 0424906212.
- If you reside in Melbourne, Sydney, or Brisbane, one of our volunteers will get in touch with you to collect the device(s) at a convenient time or location for you.
- If you live in another location, we have a contract with a postal services to transfer the device(s) at no cost to you. Please fill the online form for further instructions.
If you are keen to support this cause but do not have a device to donate, rest assured, you can donate any amount of funds to cover other costs involved in this campaign. Your donations will cover the costs of transporting the devices to the places of need or will be used to purchase further devices if these costs are fully covered.
- Unfortunately, we can only collect your devices if you live in Australia. If you live in any other country please consider donating through our fundraising platform.
- Tablet computer with or without cellular support (with or without a sim card slot) can be donated to this campaign. The ones with sim card support will reach the students together with internet access plans. And the other type will be used in Farda-ye-Madares scheme designed by Mehrgiti.
- In case your device needs any form of major or minor repair, please do get in touch with us. Our technical team will assess the device and determine whether the device is repairable.
- This campaign is a joint venture by the Yarra Foundation and Mehrgiti N.G.O. Given the current Covid-19 situations, Mehrgiti N.G.O. has acquired the permits required for legal importation and registration of up to 1000 used devices. Yarra Foundation is supporting the collection of used devices donated in Australia.